I contacted DirecTV about getting bundled for tv and internet.They only offered Exede as their bundle partner so, I bit.
I am extremely happy with DirecTV!! However, Exede Internet is VERY SHADY!! At first, I was a bit concerned because they only offered 10GB of metered service but they advertised a usage meter, so I figured I'd be able to gauge my family's usage and make a decision before my trial was up. Much to my surprise, once I was all hooked up, their usage meter "mysteriously" became inop.
They had a little sign on the usage meter page that said, "Temporarily Down, Check Back Again Later." Hmmm...I thought, ok, I figured if our use was too heavy, they'll slow us down in spite of their usage meter being "broken" and then I'll know if this metered satellite internet would work for us. However, our internet speed never slowed down for that first month despite my family's normal usage, so I decided to continue with their service. Then BOOM!! Next month, their usage meter "mysteriously" started working again and my family's normal usage ate up our allocated bandwidth in 8 days!!!
But it was too late to cancel out! Despite my argument with their customer service folks that their lack of a usage meter didn't allow me to accurately determine if this service would be acceptable, they are charging me an early cancellation fee of $15 x 18 months!!
SCAMMERS!Just so you know, Magic Jack doesn't even work well with this system, either!!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Exede Satellite Internet
- Review category
- Review rating
- 4 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Evan Tereszcuk said he was a software broker and promised he could get my small business a very popular internet sweepstakes software. Having worked with him on other software I..."
- "Hello, I wanted to write a quick report on Ryan Maynard and his terrible copied program Online Profits For Newbies which used to be called Online profits For Dummies and he..."
- "I am an exede customer in California, in a rural location. Exede has been the worst experience i have ever had in life, trumping the DMV. My service was always..."
- "The weekly add for 7/24/16 - 7/30/16 showed a travailing pillow that you take on the plane for $5.99 with the member ship-card or 2 products of similar for $10...."
- "Purchased an X1 on 5/17/2016 had to send it in for repairs on 7/8/2016. The middle joint connecting the two wheels snapped in half. I paid 100.00 to..."
- "I bought the seating about eleven months ago. It is already peeling. I have it in an R V. So it was used very little in that time...."