Exede satellite internet
I contacted DirecTV about getting bundled for tv and internet.They only offered Exede as their bundle partner so, I bit.
I am extremely happy with DirecTV!! However, Exede Internet is VERY SHADY!! At first, I was a bit concerned because they only offered 10GB of metered service but they advertised a usage meter, so I figured I'd be able to gauge my family's usage and make a decision before my trial was up. Much to my surprise, once I was all hooked up, their usage meter "mysteriously" became inop.
They had a little sign on the usage meter page that said, "Temporarily Down, Check Back Again Later." Hmmm...I thought, ok, I figured if our use was too heavy, they'll slow us down in spite of their usage meter being "broken" and then I'll know if this metered satellite internet would work for us. However, our internet speed never slowed down for that first month despite my family's normal usage, so I decided to continue with their service. Then BOOM!! Next month, their usage meter "mysteriously" started working again and my family's normal usage ate up our allocated bandwidth in 8 days!!!
But it was too late to cancel out! Despite my argument with their customer service folks that their lack of a usage meter didn't allow me to accurately determine if this service would be acceptable, they are charging me an early cancellation fee of $15 x 18 months!!
SCAMMERS!Just so you know, Magic Jack doesn't even work well with this system, either!!
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Seems that over a year ago, VIDEOSTRIPE is saying that I used my debit card information to sign up for their service. Well, here we are one year later,..."
- "Thumbtack has been sending some very odd requests to me lately, and after I ingnore these requests, thumtack begs me to sumbit a quote for them with a follow up..."
- "hi, We received a call from Angie's list asking us to become a preferred contractor, that they can help us increase business by at lease double, from 100k to 200k. After..."
- "This is now the second year in a row I'm dealing with this light issue! First year, after getting everything the tree all set up, I noticed that the top..."
- "I had been a Pampers user for my first child and even with my second child. By suggestion I bought a box of Luvs Diapers and I must be honest..."
- "Went to return a item that I bought last night. Turned out to be the wrong item decided to take it back today. Walked in with the item under my..."