Exede - Avoid like the plague

i became a sales only dealer for exede. after becoming a dealer, the area manager told me that i probably would not be able to sell the service because of capacity issues. great!

anyway- i had already placed an order for service at my home. the day the installer came out, he was able to get a whopping 300kbps. he told me that the modem may be doing a firmware update, and that the speed may increase after that.

well - it didn't. i called their customer service number, and got the same story- capacity issues. they did something that made the modem work better that day, however, the slow speeds continued after that.

i called, and told them the speed was not acceptable. i told them i wanted to cancel the service because i was not getting the speeds they advertised. them, they changed their tone, and told me that i would owe $15 * 23 months of the remaining "contract". well - they can go get bent- because i closed my credit card account. and if they want to sue me - i will show the screen shoots of the 300kbps speeds i was getting during "peak" times.

anyway- the sales manager and his boss both said they would take care of it. as of today- 2 months later, still nothing.

just stay away - it is not worth the poor service, lies, and tricks to get money from you.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Bad customer service

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
refund 1 month, cancel service, come get your equipment.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Satellite Internet
Review category
review #611195 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Exede? Submit review ›
Helpful? 8 Yes 8 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 07, 2015 #969029 Mountain View, California

Somebody needs to take a class action out on this company for extortion! !!

May 05, 2015 #980157

I agree we only had them for two weeks, then I learned how sneaky they were when I found out I could not block the $300 cancellation fee guess what they took out $450 instead even when we should not have been charged because they gave us a whopping 5gs free till my new internet company was installed. My new internet company came the same day, so my question is if i didn't use the five free gs who did?

Mar 23, 2015 #962572

HI rkworth, I would like to review your account and assist you with any remaining concerns. Please send me your account information to exedelistens@viasat.com. Thank you so much. Exede Diana

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Exede. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Exede.
Filing a new complaint about