Exede - Cannot provide the most fundamental service...email.

296 of 430 Exede reviews

So here's the deal. I do not play games; I do not watch Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime; and I do not stream music. I regularly go over my 10GB or 15GB limit monthly (there isn't much of a difference between 10 & 15...they're both tiny). It costs me about $62/month/account. I do own 2 Apple computers, 2 Apple iPads, and 2 Apple iPhones, I am married and have baby twin girls.

Exede's pricing structure already sets me off. As a matter of principle, I should at least be able to perform regular software and security updates for all of my devices and still be able to operate. Can I pack up all of my devices and run out somewhere and do all of my updates and run back home? Yes, but that is not the point. The principle of the matter is that Exede does not even allow for the most fundamental basics of the digital age.

When I go over my allowance, dropbox will no longer sync (oh well...very irritating...but oh well) and worst of all my iCloud service (email and all) completely ceases to function. I cannot use a mail application to send/receive and I cannot even use iCloud using a web browser.

Customer service told me that they cannot support iCloud when I am in data restriction and that I need to buy more data. This is complete and total BS. I have been using the internet since 1996 when computers were grayscale and we were running Microsoft Windows 3.1. Email worked back then. How on God's green earth can a company with satellites up in space tell me that they cannot support basic email when my service speed is throttled back to 0.55 Mbps download and 0.3Mbps upload (just did a speed test).

I cancelled one of my two accounts today. I am out of my contract and officially looking for a replacement. Exede will forever and always surprise me.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Customer service

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Product or service
Satellite Internet
Review category
Telecommunications
review #615328

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Exede? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
296 of 430 Exede reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Exede.Lindsey

Mar 30, 2015 #965769

Hello Anonymous, I am part of a small team at Viasat, your Exede internet service provider, working to resolve customer issues. I apologize about your recent speed issues you've experience I would love to review your account to see how I can assist. Please send your account information to exedelistens@viasat.com I'd like to look into this situation for you to see how I can help. -Exede Lindsey

0 2 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Exede. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Exede.
Filing a new complaint about
×