So here's the deal. I do not play games; I do not watch Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime; and I do not stream music. I regularly go over my 10GB or 15GB limit monthly (there isn't much of a difference between 10 & 15...they're both tiny). It costs me about $62/month/account. I do own 2 Apple computers, 2 Apple iPads, and 2 Apple iPhones, I am married and have baby twin girls.
Exede's pricing structure already sets me off. As a matter of principle, I should at least be able to perform regular software and security updates for all of my devices and still be able to operate. Can I pack up all of my devices and run out somewhere and do all of my updates and run back home? Yes, but that is not the point. The principle of the matter is that Exede does not even allow for the most fundamental basics of the digital age.
When I go over my allowance, dropbox will no longer sync (oh well...very irritating...but oh well) and worst of all my iCloud service (email and all) completely ceases to function. I cannot use a mail application to send/receive and I cannot even use iCloud using a web browser.
Customer service told me that they cannot support iCloud when I am in data restriction and that I need to buy more data. This is complete and total BS. I have been using the internet since 1996 when computers were grayscale and we were running Microsoft Windows 3.1. Email worked back then. How on God's green earth can a company with satellites up in space tell me that they cannot support basic email when my service speed is throttled back to 0.55 Mbps download and 0.3Mbps upload (just did a speed test).
I cancelled one of my two accounts today. I am out of my contract and officially looking for a replacement. Exede will forever and always surprise me.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Technical support
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Product or service
- Satellite Internet
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- " I pay for 50MB download and I'm only getting 4mb and if I'm lucky in a very lucky day I get 11MB. The sudden link tech came by today..."
- "PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR----> DO NOT BUY anything from Buy Squad. Honestly, after researching on this company, I feel so *** to fall for their "low price" ;0( I ordered..."
- "I had ordered iPhone replacement parts from Quality Repair Parts in 3403 Oakland Park, FL on May 26th 2015. After reviewing the company website I was lead to believe that..."
- "I called to cancel my service May 28 2014. I was told I had to send a letter. I submitted said letter but they continue to remove the funds from..."
- "When I had bought the house a couple months ago I noticed that water was overshooting the gutters. At that time Gutter Helmet was already on the house. I had..."
- "Im on my 9th and final call. I ordered a 90.00 gourmet basket from this company for my father for Fathers Day. To this very day I have yet to..."
- "Mr/Ms WFG No-name from Nowhere. Please spare us your big fat lie about "many big earners" at WFG. It's total bull cr*p and you know it. Here I give you..."
- "We decided to use Zerorez because they had a good reputation. We have a brand-new home (less than 4 months old) and we had some basic soiled marks in the..."
- "I requested a quote, which they gave but were really pushy over the phone. I sent off my PS4 to have the fan fixed. Hardly heard a thing from them..."