So here's the deal. I do not play games; I do not watch Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime; and I do not stream music. I regularly go over my 10GB or 15GB limit monthly (there isn't much of a difference between 10 & 15...they're both tiny). It costs me about $62/month/account. I do own 2 Apple computers, 2 Apple iPads, and 2 Apple iPhones, I am married and have baby twin girls.
Exede's pricing structure already sets me off. As a matter of principle, I should at least be able to perform regular software and security updates for all of my devices and still be able to operate. Can I pack up all of my devices and run out somewhere and do all of my updates and run back home? Yes, but that is not the point. The principle of the matter is that Exede does not even allow for the most fundamental basics of the digital age.
When I go over my allowance, dropbox will no longer sync (oh well...very irritating...but oh well) and worst of all my iCloud service (email and all) completely ceases to function. I cannot use a mail application to send/receive and I cannot even use iCloud using a web browser.
Customer service told me that they cannot support iCloud when I am in data restriction and that I need to buy more data. This is complete and total BS. I have been using the internet since 1996 when computers were grayscale and we were running Microsoft Windows 3.1. Email worked back then. How on God's green earth can a company with satellites up in space tell me that they cannot support basic email when my service speed is throttled back to 0.55 Mbps download and 0.3Mbps upload (just did a speed test).
I cancelled one of my two accounts today. I am out of my contract and officially looking for a replacement. Exede will forever and always surprise me.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Technical support
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Product or service
- Satellite Internet
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "The company charges you $90.00 a year and promises you if you get the premium membership you will have a better chance of being cast in a Hollywood movie which..."
- "All they had to do is install a DISH dish, disconnect the Directv dish and connect the cable to the new dish. Instead they drilled holes, ran cables, cut cables,..."
- " Shanda Lancaster Spokesperson For SingsnapSpreading libel in the name of Singsnap/Singsnap's personal advocateShanda Lancaster has become the spokesperson for the web site singsnap.com, an online karaoke web site where..."
- "Im on my 9th and final call. I ordered a 90.00 gourmet basket from this company for my father for Fathers Day. To this very day I have yet to..."
- "When I had bought the house a couple months ago I noticed that water was overshooting the gutters. At that time Gutter Helmet was already on the house. I had..."
- "I called to cancel my service May 28 2014. I was told I had to send a letter. I submitted said letter but they continue to remove the funds from..."
- "I was denied service cause the cashier/manager said I was Hispanic. And I have it recorded mind you he was an Hindu decent. I still shocked of his remarks and..."
- "On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 3:35PM, I went to KFC on Patton Avenue in Asheville, North Carolina to get the usual Liver dinner. I completed the mykfcexperience.com survey on..."
- "Ref: 00411547 About a year ago I returned a portion of a bottle of Tide as I found that a glue-like substance kept blocking my Whirlpool Duet liquid soap dispenser...."