Spring Grove, Virginia
Coverage Area

So here's the deal. I do not play games; I do not watch Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime; and I do not stream music. I regularly go over my 10GB or 15GB limit monthly (there isn't much of a difference between 10 & 15...they're both tiny). It costs me about $62/month/account. I do own 2 Apple computers, 2 Apple iPads, and 2 Apple iPhones, I am married and have baby twin girls.

Exede's pricing structure already sets me off. As a matter of principle, I should at least be able to perform regular software and security updates for all of my devices and still be able to operate. Can I pack up all of my devices and run out somewhere and do all of my updates and run back home? Yes, but that is not the point. The principle of the matter is that Exede does not even allow for the most fundamental basics of the digital age.

When I go over my allowance, dropbox will no longer sync (oh well...very irritating...but oh well) and worst of all my iCloud service (email and all) completely ceases to function. I cannot use a mail application to send/receive and I cannot even use iCloud using a web browser.

Customer service told me that they cannot support iCloud when I am in data restriction and that I need to buy more data. This is complete and total BS. I have been using the internet since 1996 when computers were grayscale and we were running Microsoft Windows 3.1. Email worked back then. How on God's green earth can a company with satellites up in space tell me that they cannot support basic email when my service speed is throttled back to 0.55 Mbps download and 0.3Mbps upload (just did a speed test).

I cancelled one of my two accounts today. I am out of my contract and officially looking for a replacement. Exede will forever and always surprise me.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to have the product delivered. The author is overall dissatisfied with Exede and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about satellite internet from Exede was technical support and customer service Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Exede.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Exede to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Exede?

Comments

Reading, Pennsylvania, United States #1321802

I do agree.This company somehow dishonest.

After 1 month if terrible service, I will out.Better pay money to another provider.

Exede.Lindsey

Hello Anonymous, I am part of a small team at Viasat, your Exede internet service provider, working to resolve customer issues.I apologize about your recent speed issues you've experience I would love to review your account to see how I can assist.

Please send your account information to exedelistens@viasat.com I'd like to look into this situation for you to see how I can help.-Exede Lindsey