Called off of a sign I saw...salesman very nice and informative (OR SO I THOUGHT).Basically everything out of his mouth was found out to be a lie.

I was specifically shopping for a service that was good enough for streaming as I was buying a smart tv and did not want to contract for cable. With tech today this is becoming more and more the way to watch movies and TV. I was ASSURED THE SPEEDS WERE SUFFICIENT FOR THIS...he even told me how he used the service at his home with absolutely NO ISSUES. HE NEVER INFORMED ME ABOUT AN EXTRA $10 a month for some kind of service related fee on top of the $49 per month and $5 modem rental fee per month.

The on top of that on my first bill, I was charged even more than those items totaled and I GAVE THEM TWO HOMES based on his lies to me. I was able to resolve that issue with a call to a supervisor after about 30 minutes on the phone with their customer service rep who kept reading from his script. Finally I was able to get to someone that assured me he would deduct the extra fees and my account would be only the $55 per month. WELL....after using the service for about 10 days...the internet became very slow and I could NOT stream anything.

I waited a couple days because our weather was bad and it still did not work so I called customer service....well LO AND BEHOLD...more bad news...they informed me that I had a CAP of 12 megs (about 3 movies)!!! I was shocked as this was the EXACT question and concern I had and was told nothing about a CAP or SLOWER speeds when that CAP was reached....so another lie. THEN to top off this amazing experience with this scammy company.....I WAS THEN INFORMED I HAD SIGNED A 24 MONTH CONTRACT (I signed nothing except the installation document (which the installer had folded over and was told "this is only for the installation". So...after this second or third lie or as they will probably say...MIS INFORMATION ...was delivered to me I got upset.

I sent a rather curt email to customer service and this is how the conversation started...."HI, Mr. Pioli...this is _____from Exede and I just want you to know that we can NOT cancel your account without you paying a cancellation fee of $350 for each account"...SIMPLY amazing to me! So it seems to me like Exede knows their service sucks and they are scamming people so they make money on their customers this way instead of providing great service and product. Well folks...I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS and I am hoping all those that have had issues with EXEDE contact me...maybe with enough of us they will WAKE up, if nothing else this needs to get to UPPER management as I can not see a company in this day and age able to get away with this for so long.

Either that or maybe a class action is in order...either way, let me know your experience, I will compile, get to the powers that be or give to an attorney to start an action.

You can not sign away your tort rights no matter what EXEDE might have told you and you do have recourse under the law.I hope this gets out to everyone.

Review about: Exede Liberty Internet Plan.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Hidden costs, Being conned, Slowest internet service.

Had an Experience with Exede?

Comments

Surfacechef

Don't let them violate the FCC rules fight them, document everything, call them, cost them money, maybe they will value their customers.

Email them

executiveescalationsdonotreply@viasat.com

Call them at corporate

(760) 476-2200

We demand 7mbps unlimited!!!!!We demand 7mbps unlimited!!!!!

We demand 7mbps unlimited!!!!!

We demand 7mbps unlimited!!!!!We demand 7mbps unlimited!!!!!

ExedeBrad

Hello

My name is Brad and I'm part of a special team with Exede's corporate office. Please send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com so we can work with you.

to ExedeBrad #1362340

Brad....after numerous emails back and forth and your assurance of you authorizing the termination fees be waived...I was STILL CHARGED and you have NOT answered any email sent to you since.You did bother to follow up the email where you stated you would take care of the termination fees with another one that stated "from what I see you should not have even been sold this service in your area".

As I suspected from the beginning of this fiasco...you and VIASAT, Exede and Wildblue prey on unsuspecting people that you and your firm must lie to in order to get business. I am escalating this to whatever level I must in order to make sure you and your company do not lie, cheat or scam anyone else. My bank took care of the charges that you and your company failed to reimburse to me and that will keep happening each and every time Exede tries to bill me. Good luck in trying to collect from me and anyone else I can find that has had an issue with any of the companies that sell services in this manner.

Exede listens...LOL...what a joke you and your company is.

Dominic L Pioli

A VERY PISSED CONSUMER

to ExedeBrad #1371880

Lol.Great work, Brad.

I really love how you Exede shills are under the impression that posting comments on the internet will somehow help your company's image.I also love how your company bans paying customers from its social media pages for asking simple questions like, "Why are you servicing parts of one state through gateways that are 2 and 3 states away?"

Keep shilling, parasite.