I contacted DirecTV about getting bundled for tv and internet.They only offered Exede as their bundle partner so, I bit.

I am extremely happy with DirecTV!! However, Exede Internet is VERY SHADY!! At first, I was a bit concerned because they only offered 10GB of metered service but they advertised a usage meter, so I figured I'd be able to gauge my family's usage and make a decision before my trial was up. Much to my surprise, once I was all hooked up, their usage meter "mysteriously" became inop.

They had a little sign on the usage meter page that said, "Temporarily Down, Check Back Again Later." Hmmm...I thought, ok, I figured if our use was too heavy, they'll slow us down in spite of their usage meter being "broken" and then I'll know if this metered satellite internet would work for us. However, our internet speed never slowed down for that first month despite my family's normal usage, so I decided to continue with their service. Then BOOM!! Next month, their usage meter "mysteriously" started working again and my family's normal usage ate up our allocated bandwidth in 8 days!!!

But it was too late to cancel out! Despite my argument with their customer service folks that their lack of a usage meter didn't allow me to accurately determine if this service would be acceptable, they are charging me an early cancellation fee of $15 x 18 months!!

SCAMMERS!Just so you know, Magic Jack doesn't even work well with this system, either!!

Review about: Exede Satellite Internet.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $270
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Exede?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.