Coverage Area
Style and Design

I had the Freedom plan and I called ViaSat to check out new plans.I was told the unlimited plan would be the best for me and I would save 10 bucks a month.

Just before I changed plans, I got download speeds around 17 mbps peak time. The salesperson said by changing I will get better speeds and no change in Netflix resolution. Right after my call to "Upgrade" to unlimited my modem rebooted and after it came back on line I did another speed check. To my dismay it was 5 Mbps!!!

I called tech support and they worked with my service and got it to 8 Mbps. They transferred me to tier 2 support. She told me in tier support that I should have stayed with the Freedom Plan. The unlimited plan has been oversold and I will notice a huge difference in download speeds especially during peak hours.

My Netflix now lags and sputters. I also was told the Freedom plan was 720 p and the new unlimited comes with 420 p resolution! I called back to complain and was offered $35 for the inconvenience, but they would not put me back on freedom plan!

This happened three weeks ago and I spoke to Excede to find out what happened to my $35 and was told there was no notes about that!WOW!

Review about: Exede Internet Plan.

I liked: Great service at first.

I didn't like: Being lied to by sales reps.