I moved to my new home in December.The only alternative available to me for internet was one of two satellite providers.

Based on their assurance that with the plan I chose (The Liberty Pass) I would never experience speeds slower than 1 mbs , I chose Exede. For the first few months I was completely satisfied with the service. I bought 10 gb of data per month and while I had data my speeds were around 10-12 mbs. When my data was exhausted my speed dropped to the promised 1-2 mps.

This was always enough to do anything I normally do on the internet. Last month we began experiencing severe lag in loading pages and roughly half of the time we had no connectivity whatsoever. My plan renewed and things started to work the way they did originally. Mid month we began to experience severe lag again with no connectivity approximately 80% of the time.

I contacted customer service and was told my data had expired and my speeds were restricted. I told them my data expired every month and I was still able to do the things I wanted to do and that something was wrong. They checked my modem, refreshed signal and eventually told me that their policy had changed and that they no longer guarantee the 1-2 mps speeds I was promised in the beginning. Now they said, speeds could drop down to 256k and no connectivity was acceptable.

I requested that they cancel my contract with no penalties since they were not living up to our agreement. My wife and I both work from home and require reliable internet access. I was told that wasn't the way it worked. I mentioned a lawsuit, was told by the agent that that was what I should do, asked for a supervisor, was told none were available and that I would receive a call within 48 hrs.

Four days later and no call. I recently purchased additional data, which I'm sure was Exede's plan the entire time, just so I could post reviews and explore the option of filing suit. Their practices are fraudulent, dishonest and unethical. If I stop paying due to their breech of agreement they will simply destroy my credit rating.

This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with.If you have no other choice in internet providers you'd be better served to do without internet rather than to enter into an agreement with this pathetic excuse for a company.

johnjpowell72 wrote the review because of not as described at Exede. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Exede to have the product delivered.

The most disappointing in user's experience was unethical practices. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Exede and exede liberty internet plan for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Exede?

Comments

Valley Center, California, United States #1191983

Worst company ever!They sent a monkey who installed the dish in 2 separate places and didn't use either one?

After, they stole the DirecTV stand to put their dish on? Not until they left several holes on the side of my house?

I am taking them to court today, I would advise you do the same.They are not above the law, even though their practices seem to be?

ExedeDiana

Hello Anonymous.I'm sorry you have not been contacted by anyone.

Please send an email to exedelistens@visat.com with your account and contact information.

Also include if you are using a VPN to work from home.Thank You Exede Diana