Exede - Very Slow!!!! Do not believe their website or Facebook page!

I have been using Exede for a couple of months now and have had just about enough.I am on their liberty 10 plan.

Their website and their Facebook page state that when you have used all of your priority data, your connection will slow down to 1-5 Mbps. I have speed tests that show it is running .04-.25 Mbps. Whenever I emailed their support, they sent back scripted messages that stated the connection will be slower after I have used up my priority data. That's it.

Well, duh. But their website said it would be within certain speeds. Certain usable speeds. Right now, it takes 10 minutes to watch a 1 minute YouTube video.

Definitely not what I was promised when I signed up.

Don't even try to bring up this fact on their Facebook page either. They will delete your post and block you. No, seriously. Just go look at their Facebook page.

It has almost no comments and most of the ones that are left are, you guessed it, positive. There also isn't a review option on their Facebook page. I'm sure there was in the past, but I imagine it was deleted after about 5 minutes.

What a crappy company.If you didn't lie to your customers, you wouldn't have to spend hours policing your Facebook page.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Coverage Area
Style and Design

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Product or service
Liberty 10
Review category
review #857678

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Exede? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 17 #1186279 Columbia, South Carolina

Currently getting .01 Mbps down and .11 Mbps up with a latency of over 2000 ms. That isn't acceptable. Ever. Exede is the worst. I still have to pay over $80 a month for this garbage. I can feel a class action coming on.

Jul 27 #1190990 The Plains, Virginia

The Liberty plan is the biggest rip off. I never get speeds above .25 Mbps, regardless of the time of day and if by some miracle you do get decent speeds the modem reboots itself and when it comes back online, guess what? Your download speeds are once again slower than dial-up. Customer service is useless. They will simply tell you that it's network congestion and they cannot help you. It's all done to force you to buy more data, even though you're already spending $150 a month for crappy service. I agree fully. A class action lawsuit sounds like the only solution.

Jun 22 #1176246 Englewood, Colorado

I'm having the same issues! At no time EVER on the Liberty pass do I get above 0.24Mbps. I'm lucky to get 0.06 at most times, including 3:30am!! This company is a complete joke. I'm warning absulutly everyone I can!!! I will be going after them and am glad to see that so many others will as well. They need to be sued for everything! LIES LIES AND MORE LIES, BEYOND RUDE customer lack of service and again LIES everytime I call. Speeds so slow that they can't even see into my account. Wow!!!

Jun 02 #1167880

My name is Brad and I'm part of ViaSat's corporate office.
With the Liberty plans, once you go into Liberty Pass, you'll see speeds of 1-5mbps in the daytime and late nights. During prime time hours, you'll see the speeds drop below that rate. For more information here's the details on this plan and our liberty pass http://www.exede.com/liberty/

Jun 02 #1167879

My name is Brad and I'm part of Exede's Corporate office. With the Liberty Pass part of our Liberty plans, you'll see the 1-5mbps only in the mornings and late nights. During prime-time hours you could see it drop to these slow speeds. This link discusses our plans in better detail http://www.exede.com/liberty/

Jul 15 #1185720 Mcdonough, Georgia

"If you go over your Priority Data limit, the Liberty Pass kicks in to give you 1 to 5 Mbps download speeds."
That is straight from your site Brad. It doesn't say, "your speed will likely go down to 0.14 Mbps in the evening. It says 1 -5 Mbps. Nowhere does it say that your internet connection will be unusable during the busy hours. You and your company are so full of ***, it's coming out of your ears. Now why don't you un-ban me from the Facebook page so I can continue to give honest reviews of your service.

Jul 17 #1186054 Columbia, South Carolina

.04 Mbps down isn't acceptable. Ever.

Jul 27 #1190987 Columbia, South Carolina

Brad must be living on the satellite, because he is no longer responding. Currently getting 0.08 down and 0.00 up. LOL the upload just gave up.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Exede. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Exede.
Filing a new complaint about