After experiencing intermittent internet slowdowns and outages, I contacted Exede to complain. After a couple back and forth communications, they stated that it seemed that my issues were being caused by "congestion" in my area. Considering that "congestion" is nothing that I can control, and that the only solution was for Exede to increase their capacity in my area, I felt that they were admittedly unable to supply the very service that I was paying them to provide. At this point, I decided to terminate service with them and go with another provider, in this case, Comcast Cable.

I wrote Exede to cancel my service and they responded by asking me to call them and discuss the issue. When I did so, I was told by the agent that I would have to pay an early termination fee. I responded by telling the agent (as I had in my email) that in my opinion, I should not be charged a fee because they had basically defaulted on our service contract. The agent responded by offering me a 50% discount on the fee, to which I replied that although I appreciated their offer, I felt I should not have to pay anything in this case. I further asked to speak with a supervisor about the issue. The agent placed me on hold and after a while, came back on the line and stated that they would agree to waive the fee altogether.

A couple weeks later, I was billed the full amount of the early termination fee on my credit card.

When I called Exede to complain about the credit card charge, I was told that even though the agent had told me that the charge would be waived, "corporate" had denied the request to waive the fee, stating that early termination due to "congestion" was against their policy.

I have never dealt with such a dishonest company.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of internet connection from Exede. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $118 and wants Exede to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was customer service, product quality and value. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Exede for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

ExedeBeau

katshot,

Thank you for your email. I'm glad we were able to take care of things for you, though we're sorry to lose you as a customer. If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you.

-Exede Beau

ExedeBeau

katshot,

I'm really sorry to hear of the negative experience you had with our service.First with the speeds and then with the early termination fees.

Please send me an email at exedelistens@viasat.com with your account information and I will get this resolved for you.-Exede Beau