Bronson, Florida
1.5

for years i suffered the slow speed DSL from at&t- living in rural florida it was the only internet connection i was offered. along comes satellite service and i thought i would be saved. i was happy to pay more than my $55 a month if it meant getting faster speed for my surfing- being handicapped i use the web to shop for just about everything. i have come to enjoy my marathon sessions to hunt down whatever i was shopping for and to find the lowest price for that item. along comes Exede with the promise of much faster speeds- my heart beat faster as i anticipated the joy of faster surfing.....

forget for a moment the speed Exede was telling me i would get in their various plans- why i was interested in speed, they only care about data(something i never had to worry about with my old DSL line- slow or fast i could be on for as long as i wanted to stare at the screen and surf around) now i had to worry about how much data i was using. surprise, surprise-i go through their data plan just a few days into the month even their highest plan is a drop in the bucket compared to what i was using with my old line. now the joy of surfing the internet has become nothing more than a quick check of my e-mail and a quick look for an item or two. forget about watching videos or doing some in-depth research- i can't do any of that anymore.

when you go to check your usage it shows some chart but nothing that breaks down your usage to show what you are actually using. they could be making up the numbers as a customer has no way to verify what they post. so now i get to pay a lot more for slower speeds- i run through their data allowance in just a few days and the rest of the month is just a crawl and a waste of money.

i can't wait until my 2 years is up and i will put up string and some tin cans before i keep this awful product. if you are thinking of using this service think long and hard- i wager you will end up paying a lot more just to end up surfing at speeds as slow as you had before.....or even slower. unless they come up with an "unlimited plan" it is really a worthless service- i regret switching every day and can't wait to shed this horrible company

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to "take back the equipment without charging me for it- i am as unhappy as a person can get" as the author lost $1200. The author is overall dissatisfied with Exede. The most disappointing about exede satellite internet from Exede was paperless contract , but reviewer liked were fast installing the equipment. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Exede.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Exede to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Exede?

Comments

ExedeBrad

Hello

My name is Brad and I'm a member of Exede's Corporate Office.We definitely don't want to leave customers with this experience at all.

I would like to look into this for you to see if there's anything we can do to assist.

Some parts of the country are seeing some plans that allow for more flexibility and we are looking to launch a more detailed usage chart very soon.please email us at exedelistens@viasat.com with your account information and I'll be more than happy to address this for you