I had to signup for satellite internet because my area was at the end of line and the service providers haven't performed updates in years. As a web designer, the user experience onboarding and gaining access to an account is poor at best. I had to call tech support to access my billing since their 'username, lost password' wasn't working. Without speaking to anyone, I was hung up on multiple times. It seemed like their call center was overwhelmed and they didn't have the infrastructure or customer service reps to handle the influx. When I did speak to someone, they were extremely unfriendly and more importantly, unprofessional. I experienced the worst customer service in my entire life. No joke.

Finally, the cable company redid the lines and I received an offer in the mail for $60 for 100mbps download speed. Excede charges $60 for 12mpbs and a 12gbdata cap. For you untech people, here's an analogy. It's like paying for a car but getting horse and buggy that is limited to a 12mile radius. The car you drive at 100mphs and as far as you want without an extra charge.

I called three days early to cancel my service so I wouldn't get charged for another month. My internet was terminated shortly after the call. When I called to restore the service for the remaining days, they refused unless I signed another 2 year contract despite the fact the service rep terminated earl, I had paid till the end of the month, and was already being charged for early termination fees. There are no words to describe this from a ethical business standpoint or from a customer service end.

Be warned. You're paying a high tier price for 12mpbs ( equivalent to dialup ) for a data cap and poor service. Anything outside basic email, the service is worthless.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of exede satellite internet. Exede needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned exede satellite internet in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Exede.

Had an Experience with Exede?

Comments

What do ethics have to do with this?You signed a 24 month contract then called in to cancel your services?

You did not expect them to cancel them when you asked them to?Are you serious right now?