Man, I wish I would've seen your post before I told my parents to switch to these idiots. My poor dad does nothing but work and he's an iron worker, risking his life everyday to, dish out money to a service that is far from worth s**t.

The guy who installed it lied to me and said that even if you go over your data your speed will still be faster than the i.s.p (frontier). He didn't mention that they also block downloads when you reach your cap. I found a few work around to watch netflix by using the opera browser on turbo. I am now trying to get around downloading which even the smallest files are blocked unless I use Ares.

This company does nothing but LIE LIE LIE like you said. That's why they make you sign a contract because there's no way out unless you give them $300. Now I'm stuck for two years. I also ran a port test to the best of my ability.

I'm no expert but as far as I can see they blocked all of mine too. I am reporting them to BBB and having my parents kick them to the curb first chance I get.

Review about: Exede Internet Service.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

Machesney Park, Illinois, United States #913763

I just saw there commercial about Exede Internet and I was thinking about switching. Before switching I wanted to see if there were any negative experiences.

After reading your complaint I will stay with the company I have.

I'm not comfortable with having to sign a contact with a company that is new to the industry, because then your stuck and your forced to stay with them regardless of the situation.

Machesney Park, Illinois, United States #913760

I just saw there commercial and I was thinking about switching. Before switching I wanted to see if there were any negative experiences.

After reading your complaint I will stay with the company I have.

ExedeKim

Hello Anonymous, I'd like to look into this situation for you to see how I can help. Please send your information to exedelistens@viasat.com and I will see what I can do. Thank you for posting.

to ExedeKim York, South Carolina, United States #919362

Do me a favor : Quit lying to peoples and find a good job to do . thank you !

ExedeKim
to Anonymous #920650

Hello, I am here to help no matter what the situation is. If you are having service issues, I am glad to take a look into them for you as well.

to ExedeKim Illinois, United States #928721

What I want to know is, after looking at all of these complaints, the only answer that I see from Exede is "send in your information and we will look it over and get back with you" kind of ***!! Seriously?

I used to work in customer service and that is code for "this should pacify them for a while until something serious goes wrong!"

Why does it have to be this difficult? I have read through the information on the Exede site, unless there is more to it, and it is very basic. What Exede needs to do is, be more informative on what downloads are actually using up the bandwidth and by how much, provide the customers their usage, provide customers a login so that they are able to look at their own usage online and be able to monitor how they use their internet, provide customers all of their data NOT USED BUT PAID FOR by rolling that over every month!!! Every customer has purchased their data every month, if they don't use it, let them use it the next month on top of what they already have.

OR give them a choice to BANK it for another time!! If Exede can throttle back a customers usage then they should be able to credit them data not used!!!

I get really tired of paying for things that I don't get to fully enjoy or that others say that I already used up when I haven't even done that.

Exede isn't the only company that does this either people!! If you live in the country and do not have access to DSL, you are basically SOL!!!

Which is a crying shame!